The Sisters School Board of Education is the governing body of Sisters School District #6.
It is the Board’s job to set policy, hire the superintendent, and provide leadership. The Board consists of five elected community members who serve a four-year term and may be re-elected.
For information regarding Board Meetings, Board Agendas, or Board Meeting Minutes, navigate to the pages or use the Contact form in the side panel.
Goals, Vision & Mission
Who We Are
- We are Sisters Outlaws students committed to graduating from high school, prepared for college and work.
- We are Sisters teachers inspiring students to learn and achieve at the highest levels.
- We are administrators and leaders building positive learning communities focused on student learning and academic achievement.
- We are support staff who understand that our students and teachers must be safe, healthy, and supported in order to achieve at the highest possible levels.
- We are school board members responsible for ensuring that student learning is front and center in every decision we make.
- We are countless parents, family, and community members supporting our children and demanding a high-quality education for them.
- We are the community organizations, coaches, club leaders, and volunteers who support and encourage our students and staff in their daily work.
- We are the residents and taxpayers of the Sisters School District, who know that a strong school system and high-achieving, well-rounded students are the backbone and the future of our town and nation.
Our Common Purpose
We are united in our commitment to provide all students with the education they need to reach their fullest potential. Together, we will ensure that all students learn every day and in every class and graduate, college or career ready, with the skills necessary to be successful in the 21st century.
Where we are headed
- Create a K-12 model that sets and achieves high academic standards, provides strong support for social and emotional needs, and offers a rigorous, relevant curriculum that gives all students meaningful options.
- Strive to create schools that are regional centers of excellence in core academics, the arts and music, place-based education, Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (S.T.E.M.) and interdisciplinary studies. Support decision making with accurate and timely information to ensure that our students are learning and the district as a whole is performing well.