A community that values student achievement
Our work toward this common purpose is fueled by a set of Core Beliefs that we act in accordance with every day:
- Virtually all children, regardless of background or circumstance, can achieve at a high level.
- The pursuit of excellence for all students requires providing our neediest students with the extra support necessary to attain rigorous targets.
- Our schools must be caring and supportive environments that encourage exploration, thoughtful risk-taking, and inquisitiveness.
- Students need knowledge, skills, and values to become responsible adults.
- Excellent schools require strong partnerships with families, community members, and our local businesses.
- Our decisions at all levels and every day must be guided by what is best for students and be data-driven.
- Teachers and staff time with our students is the single most important resource we have. Hiring, developing, recognizing, and rewarding their work is essential.
- We evaluate and improve our work continuously to foster excellence.
- Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Co-curricular participation plays an important part of the education and well-being of our students.
Our Common Purpose
We are united in our commitment to provide all students with the education they need to reach their fullest potential. Together, we will ensure that all students learn every day and in every class. They will graduate, be college or career ready, with the skills necessary to achieve success in the 21st century.
Where We’re Headed
- Create a K-12 model that sets and achieves high academic standards, provides strong support for social and emotional needs, and offers a rigorous, relevant curriculum that gives all students meaningful options.
- Strive to create schools that are regional centers of excellence in core academics, the arts and music, place-based education, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), and interdisciplinary studies. Support decision-making with accurate and timely information to ensure that our students are learning and the district, as a whole, is performing well.